Divine Acoustics introduces CeraGem technology! For a long time in our laboratory we have been researching the properties of various materials and their impact on the sound of the audio system. We combined various materials, metals, their alloys, minerals, ceramics, hard and soft materials, we tested various configurations. The result of this work is a multilayer system that dissipates, cumulates and dampens vibrations very effectively, and thus positively affects the operation of the audio system – from the source, through the amplifier, to the speaker system.
The CeraGem technology combines the advantages of hard materials: sintered ceramic, gemstones with a repeatable crystal structure and various metals. CeraGem technology is our proprietary solution and does not duplicate schemes used by other companies that fight against vibrations using ceramic balls, soft spacers, magnets or bearings.
Design and applications:
The first project in which CeraGem technology was used are the Kepler vibrations absorbing feet. They have a multi-layered, sandwich construction. They are designed to be used as speaker feet – they can replace speaker spikes, and they can also replace the feet of devices such as CD players, DAC’s or amplifiers.
Kepler consists of 40 elements, and its main function, the accumulation and dissipation of vibrations, is carried out by 7 layers made of various materials. Inside the Kepler’s enclosure, a rectangular ceramic bar cooperates with gemstones arranged in the shape of a pyramid based on a non-parallel triangle. The stones are kept in a fixed position, they cooperate with chromium-nickel steel and together they form a 3-layer system. The pyramid rests directly on the ceramic bar, and is surrounded by other elements that gently compress the entire system and create a kind of heat sink that converts the cumulated energy into heat. The top threaded spindle transmits vibrations from the device or loudspeaker directly to the top of the pyramid. The steel, chromium, nickel, copper, titanium, molybdenum and auxiliary elements made of wood and polyamide were also used in the construction of Kepler in individual layers.
The functional advantages of the structure:
- large contact area with the floor / top surface improving stability;
- easy height adjustment of the speakers thanks to the flanged ring;
- nuts increasing the contact area with the audio device in a non-screwed version;
- interchangeable pins of different heights;
- keys for replacing the pins in the set.
Kepler is offered in sets of 3 pieces as a foot for underlaying audio devices and in sets of 8 pieces as a replacement for screw-in speaker spikes. The maximum load on one foot is 20kg, so you can place a device weighing up to 60kg on a set of 3 pieces.
- wipe Kepler with a soft, damp cloth;
- do not use aggressive cleaning liquids;
- do not soak Kepler in water – this may damage internal components.
- outer diameter: 60mm;
- weight of the foot: 247g;
- minimum height (with nut): 35mm;
- maximum height (with nut): 40mm;
- height of the screwing pin: 11mm, 20mm;
- Constant (fixed) threads in speakers set versions;
- standard thread of pin: M8;
- other available threads: M4; M6; M10, UNC 1/4;
- other threads on order;
- maximum load on one foot: 20kg;